Green Tea ware
Tea pot Tokomane Biri
item # 11
Production District: Tokoname (Aichi, JAPAN)
Uses: Japanese Green tea, Chinese Tea and others
Pot Height: 2-5/8 inch (66mm)
Pot Diameter: 4 inch (102mm)
Pot Serving Size: approximately 7oz. (210ml)
Dish Washer: Not recommended
Box: Wooden box
Syuho Inaba was born in 1937 at Tokoname. He studied under Master Morioka until 1969. He got pottery awards in 1978, 1979 and 1988.
To get this beautiful pattern the pot is turned on a wheel.The potter uses a sharp tool to make tiny indentations.
Why choose a Tokoname tea pot?
Tokoname tea pots have excellent functions.
1. The angle for pouring is a very effective design. Tea does not drip from the spout.
2. The handle is designed for easy handling.
3. The lid shape is adjusted to perfectly match the pot after firing. The excellent match provides a good condition for steaming tea leaves.
4. Impurities adsorb with the fine particle clay. It works as kind of filter and enhances the primary taste of tea.
5. The clay has a lot of iron oxide. The oxide reacts with tannin. Tannin is a kind of bitter taste in tea. So if tannin and iron oxide react with each other, the tea taste changes to mild.
Tokoname tea pots can make good tea. Thatfs the reason Japanese green tea shops recommend Tokoname tea pots. You can enjoy real green tea taste and fragrance.