Green Tea ware
Tea pot Tokomane Kenji
item # 13
Production District: Tokoname (Aichi, JAPAN)
Uses: Japanese Green tea, Chinese Tea and others
Pot Height: 3 inches (76mm)
Pot Diameter: 4 inches (102mm)
Pot Serving Size: approximately 9oz. (270ml)
Dish Washer: Not recommended
Tokoname is famous for red colored clay.
When the clay is fired, it turns black.
The potter then uses a file to expose the red clay underneath.
Why choose a Tokoname tea pot?
Tokoname tea pots have excellent functions.
1. The angle for pouring is a very effective design. Tea does not drip from the spout.
2. The handle is designed for easy handling.
3. The lid shape is adjusted to perfectly match the pot after firing. The excellent match provides a good condition for steaming tea leaves.
4. Impurities adsorb with the fine particle clay. It works as kind of filter and enhances the primary taste of tea.
5. The clay has a lot of iron oxide. The oxide reacts with tannin. Tannin is a kind of bitter taste in tea. So if tannin and iron oxide react with each other, the tea taste changes to mild.
Tokoname tea pots can make good tea. Thatfs the reason Japanese green tea shops recommend Tokoname tea pots. You can enjoy real green tea taste and fragrance.