Green Tea ware
Tea pot Tokoname Teruyuki Shudei Inka
item # 163
Production District: Tokoname (Aichi, JAPAN)
Potter: Teruyuki Isobe
Application: Japanese Green tea, Chinese Tea and others
Pot Height (to top of lid): 3-11/32 inch (85mm)
Pot Diameter: 3-17/32 inch (90mm)
Pot Serving Size: approximately 11.0 oz. (330ml)
Box: wooden box
Dish Washer: Not recommended
Attention: Only one tea pot like this in the world. Only one order is acceptable.
To get this beautiful pattern the pot is turned on a wheel. The potter uses a sharp tool to make tiny indentations. The potter stamps flowers and cuts on the surface to create a beautiful design.
Who is Teruyuki Isobe?
Teruyuki Isobe was born in 1938 at Tokoname. Tokoname city has been holding gChosan exhibitionsh of pottery every couple years. He has gotten awards at this exhibition 11 times since 1976. He was recognized by the governor of Aichi prefecture in 1988 as an excellent craftsman of traditional industry. He has opened his own kiln in 2007.
Why choose a Tokoname tea pot?
Tokoname tea pots have excellent functions.
1. The angle for pouring is a very effective design. Tea does not drip from the spout.
2. The handle is designed for easy handling.
3. The lid shape is adjusted to perfectly match the pot after firing. The excellent match provides a good condition for steaming tea leaves.
4. Impurities adsorb with the fine particle clay. It works as kind of filter and enhances the primary taste of tea.
5. The clay has a lot of iron oxide. The oxide reacts with tannin. Tannin is a kind of bitter taste in tea. So if tannin and iron oxide react with each other, the tea taste changes to mild.
Tokoname tea pots can make good tea. Thatfs the reason Japanese green tea shops recommend Tokoname tea pots. You can enjoy real green tea taste and fragrance.