There are many different ways to make a Japanese lantern, but the most common type is made from washi paper and a bamboo skewer.
To make a Japanese lantern, you will need:
-Hot glue gun
What you need to make a Japanese Lantern
What you will need:
– Japanese paper (washi)
– A bamboo skewer or chopsticks
– A candle or light
Making a Japanese Lantern is a fun and easy way to add a touch of Japan to your home. You will need some Japanese paper (washi), a bamboo skewer or chopsticks, and a candle or light.
First, cut a piece of Japanese paper (washi) to the desired size. You can use any design or color you like.
Next, use the bamboo skewer or chopsticks to make a hole in the center of the paper.
Finally, light the candle or light and put it in the hole. You can use the Japanese lantern to light up a dark corner or to add a touch of Japanese style to your home.
The Process to making a Japanese Lantern
Making a Japanese lantern is a process that can take some time, but the end result is definitely worth it. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make one of these beautiful lanterns:
1. Cut a piece of washi paper into a square that is about 8 inches wide.
2. Draw a half-circle on the paper, using a ruler to make sure the sides are straight.
3. Cut along the line you drew to create a circular piece of paper.
4. Fold the paper in half, then in half again.
5. Cut along the fold lines to create 4 triangular pieces of paper.
6. Unfold the paper.
7. Apply a thin line of low-heat glue to the edge of one of the triangles.
8. Stick the triangle to the edge of another triangle, so that the point of the first triangle lines up with the center of the second triangle.
9. Do the same thing with the other two triangles.
10. Apply a thin line of low-heat glue to the edge of the square.
11. Stick the four triangles to the edges of the square, so that the tips of the triangles meet in the center.
12. Apply a thin line of hot glue to the top of the lantern.
13. Insert the bamboo skewer into the hot glue.
14. Let the glue cool and harden.
15. Apply a thin layer of gold paint to the top of the lantern.
16. Let the paint dry.
17. Place a candle in the center of the lantern.